[sf-perl] [meetup] Visiting SF Feb 24-28

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Thu Jan 24 10:48:37 PST 2013

On Jan 24, 2013, at 07:02, Mike Doherty wrote:
> If not, maybe we can set something up? I'm definitely interested in getting advice
> on jobs in the bay area, and moving (I'll be coming from Canada, can't just show up
> unannounced!) so maybe dinner and drinks? Or if you want to talk shop, that'd be
> fun too.  I could put together something to present if you want.

IIRC, Joe Brenner is the person who handles programs, but CC Fred Moyer just in case.
To set up a talk, they'll need some specific information, eg:

  *  abstract
  *  brief bio
  *  desired date(s)

If you just want to have an open dinner for Perlies, all you have to do is tell us
when you want to do it and (perhaps) ask for suggestions on locations.  If you like
Fajitas and such, Chevys (3rd St. and Howard) can handle any crowd we might get.
Putting gatherings near a BART station is always a Good Idea.

Speaking of which, give some thought to where you'll be staying and how you'll be
getting around once you're here.  In SF, a car is mostly a nuisance; outside of the
City, it's a requirement for most of us.  One suggestion is to get a hotel room in
the suburbs near a BART station.  That will let you use either a car or BART.  If
you stay in SF, look into ZipCars, etc.

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Software system design, development, and documentation