[sf-perl] Do you have a tidy style? Emacs/cperl and perltidy.

Joseph Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 23 12:08:10 PST 2013

 George Hartzell <hartzell at alerce.com> wrote:
> In particular I'd like to acquire/develop a perltidy config and a set
> of cperl settings + finger habits (e.g. do/don't kick a brace onto a
> newline when editing) that match each other.

There are some funky features in that direction built into cperl-mode,
though they're off by default.   Have you ever tried running it with
(setq cperl-hairy t)?

(I kind of hate it, myself, I'd rather be in charge of when my closing
braces get entered.  Doing it automatically might be more efficient
for typing raw code, but we spend most of our time editing existing
code.)