[sf-perl] Do you have a tidy style? Emacs/cperl and perltidy.

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Tue Jan 22 15:39:09 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM, George Hartzell <hartzell at alerce.com> wrote:
> Does anyone in monger-land have any perltidy.rc files and/or cperl
> configs that they'd like to share?  Paired would be great, but
> interesting/practical examples of one or the other would be good
> reading too.

For cperl config, I use our own Joe Brenner's awesome Perlnow
extension, along with a few other additions such as autocomplete. I
posted my emacs dir files to github a while ago -
https://github.com/redhotpenguin/emacs

For Perltidy, I use the stock .perltidyrc that comes with Perl::Tidy.
The nice thing about the default file is that while nobody else on
your team may agree with the settings, you can save time arguing with
them about why certain settings are better than others. Life is so
much easier when everyone just uses the default .perltidyrc! When
you're working on your own code, customize it to your heart's content,
but when on a team, save everyone a lot of headache, arguments, fire
and brimstone, and make a few concessions to the default so everyone
can go back to writing code.