[sf-perl] nice rebuttal to the "perl-is-dead" argument

Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer jeff at imaginative-software.com
Mon Feb 4 14:02:24 PST 2013

Russ' comment on the linked-in thread got me thinking…

One of the nice things about Ruby is that it comes with all the scaffolding for making, shipping, and distributing finished work (i.e. gems).

Leaves me wishing Perl shipped with Dist::Zilla.  Regardless of how you feel about their implementation, I think making those kind of tools easier to get would do a lot to help the cause.

Ironically,  I'm usually in the "thin core" camp.

-Jeff