[sf-perl] sf.pm.org

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Wed May 9 10:06:53 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Paul Makepeace <paulm at paulm.com> wrote:
> What do you think of this as possibilities :
>
> O. Pull content out and check in to github. copy n paste a deploy script.
> Now anyone can submit changes

I like that, decentralization is always good. Now we just need a
'hello world' new website with links to the meetup page, the Mailman
interface, and the 'legacy' sf.pm.org. Anyone?

> O. Talk to one of the perl SaaS folks and try to get space. Worst case an
> EC2 micro instance is super cheap and I'm sure we'd pick up sponsorship in
> exchange for a homepage link

Sounds good - can you point us to their contact info?

> O. Dunno if sf.pm.org is non static but maybe a weekend day hackathon with
> beer and pizzas to modern perlify it

I like this idea. Maybe this is a good topic for the July meeting.

> O. Have pm.org delegate sf.pm.org to someone here that runs decent DNS. I'll
> see it Badger can offer that

We may be able to avoid this need by assigning a non pm.org DNS
hostname to the current sf.pm.org site.

> I think most of those are independent : )

Independent is good!