[sf-perl] Call for Lightning

Joseph Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 15 07:58:02 PDT 2012

Lightning talks coming up, next meeting, Tuesday, March 27, 2012.
Hit us with your ideas... no idea too small.

Mark Jason Dominus on Lightning Talks:
  http://perl.plover.com/lt/osc2003/lightning-talks.html

What can you say in five minutes?

    Why my favorite module / add-on package is X.
    I want to do cool project X. Does anyone want to help?
    Successful Project: I did project X. It was a success. Here's how
you could benefit.
    Failed Project: I did project X. It was a failure, and here's why.
    Heresy: People always say X, but they're wrong. Here's why.
    You All Suck: Here's what is wrong with our community.
    Call to Action: Let's all do more of X / less of X.
    A Funny Thing happened to me on the Way to the Mailing List /
Newsgroup / Web Forum.
    Wouldn't it be cool if X?
    Someone needs to do X.
    Wish List
    Why X was a mistake.
    Why X looks like a mistake, but isn't.
    What it's like to do X.
    Here's a useful technique that worked.
    Here's a technique I thought would be useful but didn't work.
    Why add-on package X sucks.
    Comparison of similar add-on packages X and Y.
    Why we should be paying more attention to X.
    My Favorite Feature

On giving Lightning Talks:
  http://www.perl.com/pub/2004/07/30/lightningtalk.html