[sf-perl] Any::* vs Stable::* [follow up to Mouse/Moose]

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Thu Mar 8 05:54:42 PST 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Jeffrey Thalhammer
<jeff at imaginative-software.com> wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
>
> In lieu of setting up a dependency management system such as pinto or
> carton which would be overkill for this problem
>
> I disagree.  If the "app" is just one distribution (or pile of files) plus
> dependencies, then carton is a good light-weght solution.

This is the solution I would likely use in the future, but I was in
one of those situations where the users needed the app back up 'right
away' (after not using it for 6 months), so I attempted what I thought
was the quickest path to success.  It took about 30 minutes from start
of perl module installations to login, which I didn't think was too
bad.