[sf-perl] Any::* vs Stable::* [follow up to Mouse/Moose]

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Wed Mar 7 15:36:51 PST 2012

Fred Moyer writes:
 > [...] Moose itself took almost 10 minutes to
 > install on this platform.

Just out of curiousity, what is the platform?

Someone back in the original thread made a backhanded smack at my "2
minutes to install Moose on my SSD equiped 3 year old laptop"
benchmark so I just tried it on my 4 year old spinning-rust Mac Pro.

I had 2 installs that finished in 2:20 and 2:30 resp., and three that
hung up for > 5 minutes fetching various distributions (the Internet
must be maladjusted today...).

g.