[sf-perl] Mouse, again?

yary not.com at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 06:55:44 PST 2012

2012/3/4 Kevin Goess <cpan at goess.org>:
> ...  It was bringing in
> Moose, but didn't do anything Moosish except use the shorthand constructor
> code.  ...

Now that you mention it, once I used a set of command-line tools that
used Class::Accessor. I came across a fork of the tools which had a
few minor changes, plus Moose replacing Class::Accessor. The forker
preferred Moose (saying so in the commit comment) and it's no-ones
business to say otherwise, but I didn't like the start-up delay of
that version- so I turned it back to "use Class::Accessor 'antlers'"
and all was well.

I would use Moose for any new medium-sized or larger project, and I
especially respect the authors' attention to both theory of OO
principles and practice of programming. But it isn't a tool for all
occasions.