[sf-perl] Mouse, again?

Kevin Goess cpan at goess.org
Sun Mar 4 00:13:26 PST 2012

A different point of view that may be illuminating: we wanted to use the
cpan module WebService::Solr in our web application, a simple module that
took care of the details of posting documents to Solr.   It was bringing in
Moose, but didn't do anything Moosish except use the shorthand constructor
code.  We were hesitant to use this as the trigger to bringing in all of
Moose to our webapp, with all the installation, testing and
support/maintenance that would entail, so we prevailed on the author to
switch to Mouse instead.

A side note, I wonder how much of a problem non-native English speakers
have with "Mouse" versus "Moose."  I'm learning Polish myself now and keep
blowing mental fuses on things like wejście/wyjście (entrance/exit) or
dość/dojść (enough/to get somplace).