[sf-perl] [job] Perl engineering manager at ChargeSmart/Verifone
swartz at pobox.com
Thu Feb 23 10:19:44 PST 2012
ChargeSmart is a thriving and innovative payments company within Verifone (NYSE: PAY).
We're seeking an engineering manager to lead a team of five technically strong and motivated Perl software engineers.
Our Core team works on two products:
* Bill Payments - on pace to process $250 million dollars of consumer payments in the coming year (http://billpay.chargesmart.com)
* Direct - providing merchants a turnkey e-commerce solution for accepting credit card payments on their site (http://direct.chargesmart.com)
* Work with product manager to prioritize and define tasks
* Make sure engineers are kept busy and happy
* Contribute technically alongside the team
* Set up agile processes for prioritization and software release
* Provide constructive feedback and reviews
* Recruit and hire new engineers
Tools we use:
* Modern OO Perl, Linux, Apache/mod_perl, mysql
* Subversion (open to moving to git)
* Trac for task management and wiki (open to other solutions)
* Jenkins for task automation
This is not a management-only job - we expect and need you to develop as well. Depending on your desires and our current needs you might spend 25 to 50% of your time on coding and related tasks.
Our current office is in the financial district but we are moving soon to a nice new space near Montgomery St BART.
ChargeSmart recently became part of the Verifone family, which gives us greater market opportunities and the resources to offer competitive benefits and salaries.
Please reply with resume (text format is fine) and details about your technical management experience. Look forward to hearing from you!
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm