[sf-perl] Looking For Software Asset Management Tool Recommendations

Jeffrey Thalhammer jeff at imaginative-software.com
Fri Feb 10 14:42:07 PST 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:

> The ASF has developed a fairly robust structure and set of processes
> for software development that may be worth examining to see if your
> organization is facing similar problems.

At first, I doubted that Apache would have much to offer.  I know about Maven and Ivy, but this is a project management tool, not a library dependency thing.

But then I found this in the ASF site: http://projects.apache.org/doap.html

It sounds like DOAP is exactly what my client is doing -- collecting and organizing project metadata.

And there are even some tools for aggregating and browsing DOAP files: http://code.google.com/p/simal/

Thanks for the great suggestion.  I'll dig deeper and let you know if this pans out.

-Jeff