[sf-perl] [meeting] "OOPS! Nearly transparent data persistence" tomorrow evening

Joseph Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 27 22:54:32 PDT 2012

Fred Moyer <fred at redhotpenguin.com> wrote:

> Just a quick reminder, our next meeting is tomorrow at 7pm. The
> updated location is Satellite66 Gallery. See the meetup post for
> details - please RSVP by 4pm tomorrow.
>
> http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Perl-Mongers/events/79068602/
David Sharnoff's "OOPS" project is interesting in a number of ways:
this is an attempt at getting as close as possible to a no-brainer
database-backed object-persistence layer, and from David's lightning
talk some month's back, I think it's safe to say that the engineering
effort that's gone into this is interesting to hear about even if you
don't have any immediate plans to use the software.  I like the way he
guarantees backwards compatibility using a versioned plug-in
architecture...

This is a new location for us, a small art gallery on 6th street --
complete with a display of what they advertise as Bad Art  It's not
far from the Powell Street BART station to the-- uh-- *happening* 6th
Street scene.

Please do RSVP soon if you're interested... we're going to be having
some food-like stuff (pizza?) delivered, and it'll be good to know how
many people will be there (though actually, there's no guard or
doorman to deal with at this setting, so if you just show up and knock
on the door, you'll get in).