[sf-perl] What language is most like perl?

Michael Friedman frimicc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:31:42 PDT 2012

Yeah, I was about to say that the curl example is a shell script that wraps just a few calls to the appropriate URLs.
	https://github.com/abbyysdk/ocrsdk.com/blob/master/Bash_cURL/curl_recognize.sh

The important bits seem to be the calls to curl:

> echo "Uploading.."
> response=`curl -s -S --user "$ApplicationId:$Password" --form "upload=@$SourceFile" "$ServerUrl/processImage?exportFormat=$OutFormat&language=$Language"`
>
> response=`curl -s -S --user "$ApplicationId:$Password" $ServerUrl/getTaskStatus?taskId=$taskId`
>
> response=`curl -s -S -o $TargetFile $resultUrl`
> echo "Done."

Figure out what the URLs and parameters are for each of those (relatively obvious from the variable names) and then use them in LWP calls and you've got yourself a Perl client.

Good luck!
-- Mike
Michael Friedman
frimicc at gmail.com