[sf-perl] Pure perl Moose

Jonathan Swartz swartz at pobox.com
Thu Apr 26 10:38:36 PDT 2012

I think references to Moose being pure perl - like this http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/moose - generally mean that its syntax is built on top of Perl, rather than being an extension to the Perl core.

Moose is definitely not pure perl in the sense of "doesn't need a compiler", since it depends on Class::MOP which uses XSLoader. And a good thing, too, we don't want it to be pure-perl from a performance perspective. Hopefully more of it will end up in XS over time as it stabilizes.