[sf-perl] Real perl

Jeffrey Thalhammer jeff at imaginative-software.com
Tue Apr 10 15:56:06 PDT 2012

On Apr 9, 2012, at 3:19 AM, Dodger wrote:

> So... How about some old school perl without mooses and meeses?
>
> Anybody out there code in... You know... Perl?

Not here.

The Pinto project was my first deep-dive into Moose.  Now I won't do anything without it.  Here's why:

Economy:  Moose greatly reduces the amount of code I have to write and test.  Less code means fewer bugs.  And the remaining bugs that I do create are a lot easier to spot when the aren't swimming in a sea of getters/setters and other loosely related methods.

Community: The MooseX namespace has a ton of wonderful extensions.  The've solved problems for me that I didn't even know I had.

-Jeff