[sf-perl] update ExtUtils::MakeMaker ?

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Mon Sep 26 19:10:55 PDT 2011

On Monday, September 26, 2011, David Alban <extasia at extasia.org> wrote:
> trying to install some modules.  got:
>
> ExtUtils::MakeMaker version 6.31 required--this is only version 6.30
> at Makefile.PL line 7.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 7.
>
> so now i'm trying to install updated ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.59.  make
> test passes tests except for:

I force-install all the time. It's pretty much a requirement if you're
installing Catalyst from CPAN. Ugly but true.

Are you using cpanminus, BTW? It's made my general CPAN experience a lot
better. It might auto-follow dependencies in a way that's better than what
you're seeing now.

> Just say NO to a police state:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/opinion/protect-our-right-to-anonymity.html

+1