[sf-perl] Fw: Perl 5.14.2 is now available

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Mon Oct 3 14:25:27 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Joseph Brenner <doom at kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:

[…]

> There have been some shifts in trends in perl progamming, though,
> e.g. Moose is clearly in and the various "InsideOut" objects are out,
> DBIx::Class is the most popular ORM, though Rose has it's fans,
> Template Toolkit is still leading, though Mason has it's fans, and so
> on.

I second all of this; it matches my experience. Also, Catalyst is
still the dominant MVC framework. Since 2006, all my Perl web work
coming in has been Catalyst work (though there's probably selection
bias there). Most people use Catalyst with Template Toolkit as the
template engine (especially since it's the default one, and it's the
one used in the relevant tutorials IIRC).

--
Quinn Weaver Consulting, LLC
Full-stack web design and development