[sf-perl] Perl 5.8 legacy soon

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Tue May 10 22:31:38 PDT 2011

See also: http://www.modernperlbooks.com/mt/2011/05/2018-is-the-year-of-perl-510.html

End-of-life for software support (luckily) doesn't mean it stops working right away. Otherwise the Perl 5.6 that's still running on one of my company's systems would be utterly worthless. As it is, it's still marginally useful, which is why no one will spend the time to upgrade that system.

Sometimes it'd be nice if old versions actually *would* stop working. Then you'd have the proper incentive to upgrade...

-- Mike
Mike Friedman | HighWire Press, Stanford Univ | friedman at highwire.stanford.edu