[sf-perl] LinkedIn Blast

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Mon Mar 21 10:44:31 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:28:23AM -0700, Stephen Blum wrote:
> Greetings SF Perl Mongers,
>
> I apologize for blasting LinkedIn connection requests.  PubNub
> www.pubnub.com is a 1.5 year old company growing quickly. I am
> reaching out to people and I wanted to add you to my professional
> contacts on LinkedIn.

It's big of you to apologize, and I, for one, really appreciate it.

Just so we're clear that you're clear on what happened and how you
will ensure that this *never* happens again, please advance a theory
or two as to what might motivate an outfit like LinkedIn, which does
not routinely charge end-users, to collect your entire address book.

You get extra points for theories involving phrases using and briefly
summarizing, the phrase, "principle-agent problem."

Cheers,
David.
--
David Fetter <david at fetter.org> http://fetter.org/