[sf-perl] Flash survey

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 20 20:52:57 PST 2011

My company uses Sys::Hostname when there's some machine-specific resource that the code needs, but isn't easy to quantify by another kind of check. For example, we have one machine that's faster than the other development servers, so we want certain scripts to only run there so they don't timeout.

Test::Class is a more JUnit-like way of writing TAP tests. You still use ok(), is(), etc. from Test::More, but you also can define startup/shutdown methods that run before and after each test. I tried it out just because I was curious about how it worked, after hearing a talk about it at SF PM a while ago.

-- Mike
Mike Friedman | HighWire Press, Stanford Univ | friedman at highwire.stanford.edu