[sf-perl] Writing a perl program for windows.

Thomas Brightbill thomas at brightbill.net
Sat Feb 19 13:22:26 PST 2011

If I understand your post, it sounds like the program needs to actually
do the scanning.  If that's really the case, I'm wondering if TWAIN
might be the way to go.  I found Win32::Scanner::EZTWAIN in CPAN.

SANE might be an alternative to TWAIN and it looks like there are a
couple of modules for that in CPAN as well.

If the users are sophisticated enough to do their own scanning, then it
would seem that they should be able to upload the scanned image via a
web form or attach it to an e-mail.

Thomas

--
Thomas Brightbill