[sf-perl] Fwd: Invite: Mighty Ruby Tuesday (May 25, 2010)

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sun May 23 10:09:09 PDT 2010

If you have some energy left after the PL-Parrot talk, you might think
about attending Mighty Ruby Tuesday.  Apparently, there will be both
DJ-based music and conversation areas and proceeds are going to support
bringin more women into the programming community.

Yeah; it's a Ruby event.  Get over it.

-r

 --- Begin Forward ---

> Mighty Ruby Tuesday (May 25, 2010)
> http://mightyrubytuesday.eventbrite.com
>
> Through our workshops, we have taught over 250 women (and some men) Ruby
> on Rails.  Because of your hard work, there are a growing number of women
> at meetups and more community classes and study groups for the entire
> community.
>
> A critical next step is to make the workshops sustainable -- and we have
> a plan!  There is enthusiastic support from volunteers for the workshops,
> but we need financial support, too. So let's have a really fun time
> raising funds for another year of workshops!
>
> Don't wait... Please buy a ticket now!  Tell everyone you know.
>
> When: Tuesday, May 25th, from 8 p.m. to midnight
>
> Where: Mighty @ 550 15th Street (near Potrero and 16th)
>
> What: Benefit party for the
>
>   http://wiki.railsbridge.org/projects/railsbridge/wiki/Workshops
>   RailsBridge Open Workshop project, with special emphasis on bringing
>   gender equity to the San Francisco Ruby community and beyond
>
> We've lined up two amazing acts so far, the fabulous DJs: Melyss and
> Ellen Ferrato. And we'll be announcing two more in the coming weeks.

 --- End Forward ---

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Technical editing and writing, programming, system design