[sf-perl] [summary] poll: web or no?

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Wed May 5 16:58:16 PDT 2010

summary:

6 responders report mostly web
11 responders report mostly non-web

this surprises me.  from the list discussion (for years) i would have
assumed 80% web, 20% non-web.  i kinda thought i was a little odd in
that i do almost all backend / system stuff.  well, i still am a
little odd, but no longer for that reason!

data:

    N  [5/95]    <== this is me btw, so you won't see a post to the
list with this data
W      "Web."
    N  "Most"
    N  "Non-web at the moment"
W      "Currently"
    N  [40/60]
W      "web programming for internal website"
    N  "Non web"
    N  "Non-Web/Web  60/40."
W      "Web."
    N  [responded to other post's question: "love to know what sort of
           non-web projects people are working on" with list of non-web work]
W      "Internal web programming here"
    N  "Currently non-web"
W      "Day job: 90 : 10 non-web [...]  Private projects: about 50-50"
    N  "Non-web: build, testing, and Hudson support."
    N  "Non-web. Mostly XML handling and database manipulation."
    N  "Non-web."

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.