[sf-perl] Raduko Star Install Party - Tues, Aug 3, 2010 at 7:00pm

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Wed Jul 28 12:07:44 PDT 2010

Hi Mongers,

As mentioned at last night's meeting, I'd like to offer my place in
Bernal Heights Tuesday next week from 7:00pm until whenever for a
Raduko Star installation & Perl 6 lightning talks. As some of you may
know a significant milestone in Perl 6's release history is coming up
this Thursday, http://rakudo.org/node/73 and what better way to get
through an install than with local PM'ers!

For those that haven't been chez moi we have a basement, bar,
projector, wifi, yard, BBQ, etc so we can eat, drink & give
presentations. There's space for at least a dozen seated inside, and
more outside (for those that can withstand the Day Star).

Who's interested in something like this? How about giving a talk?
Doesn't need powerpoint but we have a screen & sound if you do.
Anything at all raduko/perl6 related seems cool. Ping me off-list and
I'll collate.

If anyone has access to a printer & photocopier and can produce a few
'cheatsheets' that would be great too. Please let me know!

What: Rakudo Star Install Party
When: Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 19:00 'til (e.g.) 22:00
Where: Paul's place, SF, 94110 (address on RSVP)
What to bring: computer, snacks & drinks (although I'll seed unless
someone wants to sponsor it?!). We could even BBQ!
RSVP: Yes, http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Perl-Mongers/calendar/14243128/
(I've set this to 20 max; we can see how that goes)

Bonus feature: there's a ton of interesting links in bite-sized chunks
at http://twitter.com/rakudoperl

Paul