[sf-perl] O'Reilly Looking for audience members for Perl & iPhone Masterclasses Tues/Wed/Thurs

Marsee Henon marsee at oreilly.com
Sat Jul 24 11:28:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

Please spread the word to those you think might be interested in
helping us out:

Starting Tuesday O'Reilly will be recording two masterclasses at
Spreckels Performing Arts Center in Rohnert Park and we'd love to have
some audience participation. Here's what we have on the marquee:

Tues/Wed July 27/28 - Randal Schwartz on Learning Perl
This course is based on Randal's popular O'Reilly book "Learning Perl."

Thursday July 29 - Alasdair Allan on Making Use of iPhone/iPad Sensors
This class will guide you through developing applications for the
iPhone and iPad platforms that make use of the onboard sensors: the
three-axis accelerometer, the magnetometer (digital compass), the
gyroscope, the camera and the global positioning system. You’ll learn
how to make use of these onboard sensors and combine them to build
augmented reality applications. This will give you the background to
building your own applications independently using the hottest
location-aware technology yet for any mobile platforms.

The classes will be recorded at Spreckels Performing Arts Center in
Rohnert Park. Recording will take the full day each day.

Masterclass audiences are recorded asking questions as part of the
product, it's free to attend but we need people to sign up (and sign
releases), and lunch is provided. If you or anyone is interested,
please email colleenw at oreilly.com. We can accommodate 6-12 people per
class.

We're asking students to arrive at 8:30, recording begins at 9. Lunch
will be provided. Class ends around 5:00. I'll have releases for them
to sign so that we can capture their questions on tape.

Location details:

Condiotti Theater
Spreckels Performing Arts Center
5409 Snyder Lane
Rohnert Park, CA

Thanks!

Marsee

Marsee Henon
O'Reilly Media, Inc.
1005 Gravenstein Hwy North
Sebastopol, CA  95472
marsee at oreilly.com
707-827-7103
http://ug.oreilly.com/

Clever Hacks. Creative Ideas. Innovative Solutions.
http://answers.oreilly.com/

follow us on twitter at http://twitter.com/oreillymedia