[sf-perl] Perl search engine

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 21 12:43:54 PDT 2010

Fred Moyer <fred at redhotpenguin.com> wrote:

> Looks like Blekko is giving out some invites if you follow their
> twitter feed - http://www.blekko.com - http://twitter.com/blekko
>
> They are a search engine that uses a fair amount of Perl I have heard.
>  Can't wait to try it out :)

I've been interested in this one, of late:

  http://duckduckgo.com

This is a search engine that uses perl (and postgresql):

  http://www.gabrielweinberg.com/blog/2009/03/duck-duck-go-architecture.html

For some time now I've had the feeling that google's web search
has stagnated if not slipped, and it's good to see there's an
upwelling of interest in taking them on at (what used to be) their
main game.

Also, if I'm right that google has been ignoring some good
technologies (perl, postgresql), then it might be possible to
get a little edge over them by using them...

Nice to see someone's trying.