[sf-perl] printable wiki

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 3 10:28:43 PST 2010

Adam,

If you can find a wiki with an automated TOC, then you can always create a printable view of any page by using custom CSS. Some wikis let you specify a CSS file to use and you can put special print-only markup in there that does things like strip off the headers and footers, sidebars, and navigation links.

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/goingtoprint/
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/designingforcontext/

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/responsive-web-design/ (the "Meet the media query" section)

I've done this with an ancient UseMod Wiki with much success, but it doesn't have automated TOCs, so it probably wouldn't work for you.

-- Mike
Mike Friedman | HighWire Press, Stanford Univ | friedman at highwire.stanford.edu