[sf-perl] Perl 5.12

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Apr 5 20:12:52 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 06 Apr 2010 01:36:09 Dana Diederich wrote:
> That leads to another interesting line; what kind of 'boiler-plate'
> use statements do y'all use in most of your programs?  This is what I
> always use:
> use common::sense;
> use Moose::Autobox;

Well, since you asked - it varies. My gvim is configured to add "use strict;"
and "use warnings;" to all the scripts , and the package statement too to my
packages. I'm using "use Moose;" if I'm writing Moose modules, but not all of
my modules are based on Moose (in order to avoid extra deps, to reduce memory
consumption, and because they don't depend on the more advanced Moose
features). Sometimes I'm using <<use base 'Class::Accessor';>> and then the
__PACKAGE__->mk_accessors, or the equivalent for Class::XSAccessor (ultra-fast
accessors written in C).

So I guess my greatest common dividor is still only strict and warnings.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish