[sf-perl] Question of the week - Padre

yary not.com at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:53:31 PDT 2009

been thinking I should check it out, but have not yet. I first heard
about it in the context of perl6 syntax highlighting. (Not that I've
gotten far in perl6, but I'm slowly working into it, that's a topic
for some future lightning talk...) Padre has an experimental feature
where it can use an outside process to parse what you're working on.

Which you might also want to use if editing perl 5.10 which uses the
"defined or" operator "//".

And if you have C++ skills, now is the time to help wxWidgets get the
recent perl parser from Scintilla, so the padre can use it- see
http://padre.perlide.org/ticket/257