[sf-perl] how to add to @INC at perl build time?

yary not.com at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 12:05:54 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Matthew Lanier <matt at lanier.org> wrote:
> hey folks-
>
> i need to add a few paths to @INC while building perl, above and beyond the
> paths that you are allowed to set via '(priv|arch|vendor|...)lib'.

I'll assume you really do mean building perl (and not "at my program's
compile time", where you'd use a BEGIN block or the -I command line
switch). I did build a perl with a custom INC years ago, let's see if
I can dig out the incantation...

aha, from INSTALL doc in perl's source:
===
As a final catch-all, Configure also offers an $otherlibdirs
variable.  This variable contains a colon-separated list of additional
directories to add to @INC.  By default, it will be empty.
Perl will search these directories (including architecture and
version-specific subdirectories) for add-on modules and extensions.

For example, if you have a bundle of perl libraries from a previous
installation, perhaps in a strange place:

       Configure -Dotherlibdirs=/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1
===

back to lunch,

-y