[sf-perl] Bay Area Tech Gnus [ot]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 12 15:47:25 PDT 2009

Quoting David Fetter (david at fetter.org):

> There's a Data::ICal which can create such files. :)

Unfortunately, I'm entirely unclear on how to massage the existing row
data to give Data::ICal the sort of input it wants.  (Of course, the
database schema was hand-hacked ages ago, before iCalendar existed, to
automate the then-extant data on the original static HTML file, so it
wasn't designed for any outside code's needs.)

I have, somewhere at home, some magazine articles about methods to
generate iCalendar data on the fly, so I might turn to those, when I
have time

> Also cool, even though it's PHP, is PHP iCalendar, which brings iCal
> feeds together on a web page.
> <http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpicalendar/>

Oddly enough, I have a (neglected) instance of same, here:
http://linuxmafia.com/calendar/

I've sometimes tried to imagine some way of integrating it with my
hand-hacked PHP stuff, but damned if I know how.