[sf-perl] Fwd: [robert at robertblackwell.com: [yapc] Deadline for CMU dorms is Friday June 12 5:00PM U.S. Eastern time]

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Thu Jun 11 18:05:24 PDT 2009

FYI for those of you going to YAPC.

The talk for this month will probably be about 30 minutes instead of
the usual 45 (that's what Jeff has communicated to me).

After the talk and questions are finished, there will be a short
planning session for our OSCON booth.  If you are interested in
volunteering there for a few days, please plan to stick around.

Joe Brenner has done a great job of spearheading the OSCON booth
effort.  The cost for internet at OSCON is expensive, so unless we
have a benefactor willing to help us out there, we'll be making due
with stone knives and bearskins (laptops with extra batteries).  I
might bring CPAN on a usb drive or something fun.

This booth is a great opportunity to check out OSCON from the booth
side if you have never been there, please consider volunteering.
We'll have some sort of social, perhaps with one of the other groups,
on one of the nights.