[sf-perl] Perl Migrates To the Git Version Control System (fwd)

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Tue Jan 6 13:45:46 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 04:47:03PM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Quinn> I think it's really valuable that the mtn server tracks all branches
> Quinn> past and present, and all commits offline or on-.  Does git do the same
> Quinn> thing?
>
> Yes.  git and monotone are very close. Linus even has said that had monotone
> been a bit more mature when needed, he might not have created git.

Awesome.  Thank you.

While we're on the topic, has anyone used tailor (or something else) to
migrate history from mtn to git?  Any recommendations or caveats?  After 20-30
minutes of Googling, it appears that tailor is the only game in town.  It
should work, but it's new, and I'm feeling some FUD.

If no one's tried it, I'll do it myself and report back, probably next week.

Thanks,

--
Quinn Weaver
Full-stack web consultant