[sf-perl] Perl Migrates To the Git Version Control System (fwd)

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sun Jan 4 23:15:09 PST 2009

Git is a fascinating piece of technology about which I have
very mixed feelings.  It's very powerful, but after months of
using it, I still had to be bailed out (regularly) when I had
managed to git thing fouled up.

Git and GitHub are having an enormous effect on the nature of
the open source development process.  The notion of the "core"
committers, for instance, pretty much disappears.

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com