[sf-perl] Perl Migrates To the Git Version Control System (fwd)

Kevin Frost biztos at mac.com
Sun Jan 4 21:21:02 PST 2009

I just moved a bunch of my own stuff to Git from Subversion and while
I'm very, very far from having any kind of "gitspertise" I must say I
like the feel of it more than I expected to, even for solo development.

So I, for one, welcome our trash-talking Finnish overlords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

Now if we could just get all of CPAN onto it....

Veering now into the seriously off-topic, I should also mention I'm
using GitHub and so far I like it.  They host OSS projects for free,
they're cheap for private stuff, and they back up to Amazon S3.
They're not bug-free and they're Ruby people, but nobody's perfect. :-)

-- f.