[sf-perl] what do you do?

frosty biztos at mac.com
Wed Feb 25 01:47:02 PST 2009

I also use Catalyst.  So far I've used it for one fairly large work project, and one fairly large (but still unfinished) private project.

I use it with DBIx::Class and Template::Toolkit, with YUI and jQuery on the client.  For me it plays the role of web application in systems that have other, purely server-side components as well, and it's been pretty easy to integrate.  I like it a lot and plan to use it more in the future.

Once you get the hang of it you can make a *very* readable, *very* well-organized application, which can be expanded with new controllers *very* easily.

Definitely a measure twice, cut once type of learning curve.  I have found  the default/auto-configuration/demo apps somewhat lacking, but then I'm a complete fascist about code quality, and they're free so I'm not complaining.  I think once you get your "Dan's Canonical Perfect Catalyst System Version One" built you will find it very, very easy to fork that and make more web apps from it.

-- f.