[sf-perl] what do you do?
fred at redhotpenguin.com
Tue Feb 17 19:48:04 PST 2009
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 5:51 PM, David Alban <extasia at extasia.org> wrote:
> it's been a while since we had... um... an email thread. so let me
> ask you something in which i am genuinely interested. kind of an
> informal survey. no purpose other than to satisfy idle curiosity.
> two questions about your job:
> 1, break down, by percentage of time, what you do. if you think the
> terminology you use isn't generally understood by this audience,
> elaborate a little bit.
* 30% writing code
* 20% figuring out if I am writing code that will solve the right problem
* 10% in meetings
* 10% dealing with development tools and infrastructure
* 10% planning and prioritizing
* 10% gathering business requirements
* 10% integration testing and related tasks (apart from writing test code)
> 2, break down, by percentage of code you write, the languages you use
* 75% Perl
* 10% C
* 15% SQL
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm