[sf-perl] [tags] was Re: Interested in both emacs and perl?

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Thu Aug 13 11:01:26 PDT 2009

The official SF.pm taglist.  Please try to use the appropriate tag
when you can.  These tags are designed to be easy to use while
providing a high level of filtering accuracy.  In case you're not
catching my sarcasm, this post is meant to be humorous :)

If you have to spend any amount of brain capacity on a tag, then don't
worry about tagging your email.  We'll forgive you :)  If you have to
use the [perl] tag, then you probably don't need a tag.

[job] - Posts related to jobs

[news] - Posts related to news

[emacs|vim|komodo] - Posts related to editors

[conference] - Posts related to conferences

[tsunami] - If you are aware of a tsunami that will impact the SF Bay
Area, please use this tag

[ruby|php|scala] - Posts regarding other programming languages

[meeting] - Posts regarding meetings

[asteroid] - If an asteroid impact is about to occur, please use this tag

[tag] - If you want to add a new tag to this list, use this tag

[ride] - If you need a ride use this tag.  If the ride is to a
meeting, see below.

Tag hierarchy.  This is where it gets a bit more complicated.  I'll
demonstrate by example:

[meeting::ride] - Use this tag if you need a ride to a meeting.

[meeting::php] - Use this tag for offtopic php meeting announcements.

[conference::tsunami] - If you are at a conference, and a tsunami
warning sounds, use this tag.

[tsunami::conference] - Use this tag for conference announcements
regarding tsunamis.  Note the difference with the above item.

[tsunami::conference::ride] - Need a ride to a tsunami conference?
This should be self explanatory.

[tsunami::conference::ride::asteroid] - In the unlikely event that an
asteroid is headed to a tsunami conference, and you don't have a ride,
use this tag to request a seat on the asteroid.  Getting to the
asteroid is left for an exercise for the reader.