[sf-perl] Fwd: SF perlmongers + Open Source Bridge

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Wed Apr 1 18:24:16 PDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> On 4/1/09 12:09 AM, Fred Moyer wrote:
>> New PDX conference.  If we are going to do an SF workshop we'll need
>> to be doing stuff like this.
>
> What about taking on CodeCon and expanding it next year?  I was
> thinking of doing that anyway, since OpenSourceWorld looks likely to
> be a 2009-only phenominon.

Have you talked to the CodeCon organizers about this?  My guess is
they'd welcome the extra help with the conference-as-it-stands, but
they're not interested in expanding into Perl territory.  CodeCon is a
language-agnostic forum for presenting cutting-edge technology
concepts; it's not a language users' conference.  It's much more TED
than YAPC.

Not saying CodeCon isn't awesome, or YAPC isn't awesome--I love both.
Just saying CodeCon's focus might not mesh well with SFPUG's plans.

__
Quinn Weaver Consulting, LLC
Full-stack web development
http://fairpath.com/