[sf-perl] [ meta ] new leadership chosen

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Wed Nov 26 14:14:11 PST 2008

Joe Brenner wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh at agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>> Might I suggest that you're looking at this the wrong way?
>>
>> The main reason why the other SFPUG has meetings *every* month, with a
>> speaker every time, is that we have two organizers, David and me.
>
> How do you sub-divide the work?

Initiative and IRC:

<agliodbs>davidfetter: hey, do you have anyone for the November meeting yet?
<davidfetter> yes, I have a guy to do PostGIS for beginners.
<agliodbs> Oh, good.  You have a venue?
<davidfetter> No.
<agliodbs> I'll ask Miho.
<agliodbs> Jaspersoft volunteered to do a demo of reporting. Should I
book that for January?
<davidfetter> worksforme
<agliodbs> OK.

Not that we haven't stepped on each other's toes a couple of times due
to poor timing overlap, but most of the time it works.  Just remember to
*never* commit to a date for a speaker without first checking with your
co-leaders.

--Josh Berkus