[sf-perl] perl on a mac

Walt Sanders wsanders at pacificwebdesign.org
Sat Nov 22 11:18:21 PST 2008

Dan, in looking back over your suggestions, I found this to work in
Terminal:

perl idpass.cgi > output.html | open output.html     This brings the
output up in Firefox successfully.

This is the first time I've succeeded in getting perl output on my
machine!  Many thanks for this direction.

Now, if I can find how to translate this behavior to Coda and
TextMate, for example, I will be home free.  Going back and forth from
Terminal to editor is a pain, although a big improvement over
uploading every iteration.

This at least shows that perl can run on my machine.  Thanks again,
Walt.