[sf-perl] [ meta ] new leadership chosen

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Fri Nov 21 10:35:11 PST 2008

Josh,

I think that the current SF.pm structure is setup to have one
individual (or email address) interact with the rest of the Perl
Mongers structure (http://www.pm.org).  That is consistent with most
Perl Mongers groups, and has appeared to work well for SF.pm over the
life of its existence, so I would say that this is the way things have
been done.  It may not be perfect, but it works well enough.

But despite the formal structure paradigm, I do see the need for
multiple leaders in the group.  This is a community and I can't do
everything myself (nor would I want to), so I definitely want need
Joe, Matt, Quinn, you, and anyone else in an active role in helping to
lead this group.  I think there is a potential for formal
restructuring but I want to see the group moving forward in the
"business as usual" mode that Joe mentioned in his previous email for
a while before that change is explored.

So to address your concern of having meetings every month, I give you
my word that excluding the traditional meeting breaks in November and
December, we will have a meeting and a speaker for every month going
forward.

- Fred