[sf-perl] [ meta ] Looking for the next round of leadership

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 20 11:54:06 PST 2008

Matthew Lanier <matt at lanier.org> wrote:

> It's time for the SFPUG to have a new leader that can take it into the
> next decade of open source fun.  The job is equal parts fun (getting smart
> people to present at the meetings, representing at OSCON), administrivia
> (monitoring a mailing list along with me, the list grandma), and hard work
> (geting smart people to present at the meetings ;-).

I was talking to the Other Candidate the other night, and he sounded
less than enthusiastic, so I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring
(whatever that means).

My campaign platform is "business as usual".  Meetings every month or
two, focused on perl but probably not fantically so ("stuff you use with
perl" covers a lot of ground).

Talks by Big Names on Big Subjects are good, but I also like to hear
"view from the trenches" talks from Joe Programmer.  I like lightning
talks, though I have a feeling we could play with the format a bit (a
small number of slightly longer talks perhaps -- "slow lightning"?).