[sf-perl] perl on a mac

John Penkethman jpenkethman at verizon.net
Sat Nov 15 11:41:02 PST 2008

Well, I had a problem running Perl at first. I know very little about
Unix or Perl so I asked some one to show me. It turned out that many
Unix users have the current directory in the path, which means all you
have to do in type the filename of the program. My friend typed in

./myperlprog.pl   , with the "dot-slash"

and away it ran. Apparently, Perl on the Mac does not setup with "."
in the path. Or something like that.

Jack