[sf-perl] calling Perl routines into another Perl program

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Thu May 29 17:43:47 PDT 2008

Kevin Patterson <kpatters at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Is it possible to call a Perl routine into another Perl program ??

Yes.

I'm tempted to stop there, but we're supposed to be nice here.

Typically, we would say you "call the routine *from* another program",
does that sound like what you mean?

The right way to do this is to put the routine in a module and "use" it
in the program that is going to call the routine.

You might try doing a "perldoc perlmod", and see if that makes sense to
you.