[sf-perl] perl curl [ was Re: Escalation or something else?]

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Mon May 12 11:26:39 PDT 2008

Andy Lester wrote:
> On May 12, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
>
>>> If so, what did you use it for?
>> I used it to write an https load tester.
>

> Did ab that comes with Apache not do for you?  I'm curious as to how
> if that's the case.

I needed to use a client side ssl certificate to connect to the server,
which ab didn't support.  Additionally there was this nice warning in
the ab docs :)

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/ab.html

-s
     When compiled in (ab -h will show you) use the SSL protected https
rather than the http protocol. This feature is experimental and very
rudimentary. You probably do not want to use it.

So the WWW::Curl::Easy option seemed like a good approach.  The
production client was curl based also, so that was an additional
consideration in favor of the curl approach.

> --
> Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

Red Hot Penguin Consulting LLC
mod_perl consulting and implementation