[sf-perl] Getting Help (was Re: Debugging a CGI script - how)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 10 03:49:08 PDT 2008

Quoting David Fetter (david at fetter.org):

> I've seen Eric Raymond's smarmy and condescending "How
> to Ask Smart Questions"....

He had some insufferably smarmy and condescending co-author, too.
(Probably a Scandinavian, judging by the guy's surname:  My Tante Bjorg
always warned me to beware of them.)

That essay has become much too verbose and oddly organised:  As Tolkien
put it, it grew in the telling.  I'm aiming at some point to write
something a whole lot shorter and punchier, with some sort of much more
link-ey and less linear structure.

I really rather like the Java Ranch variant, FWIW:
http://faq.javaranch.com/java/HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell
rick at linuxmafia.com