[sf-perl] passing checkboxes as hidden fields

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 4 14:51:05 PDT 2008

Er, also not to mention the scoping. 'my $box_data' is only available
inside the braces of the for loop. But I assume that's an artifact of
the way you cut down the example to post here and not a problem in
your original code.

-- Mike

On Jun 4, 2008, at 2:36 PM, Thomas Brightbill wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, ken uhl wrote:
>
>> so I try retrieving each box :
>>
>> for my $box ( @boxes ) {
>>    my $box_data = $cgi->param($box);
>>    };
>>
>> This give me nothing.
>
> To expand a little more on my earlier message, I would think that this
> should give you nothing.  Aren't the checkboxes named 'tagbucket'?
> Their
> values are $cb_name_X, $cb_name_Y, etc.
>
> The form shouldn't be passing the script any parameters named
> $cb_name_X,
> $cb_name_Y - only values in the tagbucket array.
>
> Also, I'm a little confused with the title of your posting - the
> fields
> are hidden?
>
> Thomas
>

> Thomas Brightbill
> thomas at brightbill.net
> http://www.brightbill.net

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>