[sf-perl] This Tuesday, 8/22: Naan 'n' Curry

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 21 08:54:32 PDT 2008

Quinn Weaver <quinn at fairpath.com> wrote:

> This Tuesday is meeting time again.  I'd like to hit Naan 'n' Curry on
> O'Farrell (pulling from the list of suggestions people posted some time ago).
>
> I'll send details on Monday--Google is giving me two different addresses, as
> are other web sites, so I need to call ahead and see which is right.  For now,
> this is just a heads-up/reminder.

It's "Naan N Curry" at 336 O'Farrell, between Mason and Taylor.

It's moved around about three times, and this is it's second O'Farrell
Street location.  It's also spun off a number of satellite places, so
don't get distracted by any other places you might hear about, just
think "on O'Farrell, near Mason".  It's one block south from the Geary
Street theater district.

Most people will want to approach from Union Square side,
travelling along O'Farrell.  Walking in on Mason or Taylor is
only for the adventurous and/or the Tenderloin veteran.

The atmosphere is much more funky than slick, and the service is
no-frills: you order and pay at the counter, take a number to your
table.  You then bustle around getting your Chai, your plates and
silverware, and probably a carafe of water, and by the time your done
the food is about to be delivered.